30 Second Summary
If you're just getting started with email marketing or new to Klaviyo, it's important to get out of the mindset of just sending out email campaigns during promotions or product launches. As an e-commerce brand, you should aim to generate 15-20% of your business revenue from email campaigns.
A great email campaign strategy involves creating an effective email marketing calendar, sending campaigns regularly (1-3x per week), and sharing unique email content to build a relationship with customers.
Why Klaviyo Campaigns?
Campaigns are one-time, targeted emails that are sent to your email list. Mastering Klaviyo campaigns is the first step to learning how to use Klaviyo for email marketing.
Klaviyo's drag and drop editor & pre-built email templates make it friendly for beginners. But its extensive A/B testing functionality, segmentation & dynamic content make it incredibly scalable as your business grows.
Setting Up Your Klaviyo Campaign
There are a few key elements you'll need to decide on when setting up your Klaviyo campaigns:
- Campaign name: Choose a descriptive name for your campaign that reflects the topic of the email, the type of content it contains, and makes it easy for you to identify in your dashboards.
- Recipients: Determine the target audience for your campaign. In Klaviyo, you can choose to select specific segments or lists. Segments are groups of email subscribers based on characteristics or behavior (eg. has opened an email at least once in the last 90 days), whereas lists are typically groups of email subscribers who joined from a specific source (eg. welcome pop-up).
- Sender name: Decide on the name that will appear as the sender of your email. Most e-commerce stores use the name of their brand to make it recognizable.
- Sender address: Provide the email address your campaign is sent from. Make sure it aligns with your brand (eg. firstname.lastname@example.org) & has a healthy deliverability score.
- Reply to email address: Specify the email address where recipients can reply to your campaign. Most brands select their customer support email address (eg. email@example.com) to ensure responses are received and handled.
- Subject line: Write an eye-catching subject line that catches recipients' attention in the inbox and gets them to open the email, while still being relevant to the content
- Preview text: Write a concise preview text that appears alongside the subject line and provides a teaser or hook to the content in the email.
- A/B test: Consider conducting an A/B test by creating variations of your campaign to test different subject lines, content, or visuals to optimize for more opens, clicks, and conversions.
- Send date & time: Choose the optimal date and time to send your campaign, taking into account the habits and preferences of your target audience.
Creating Your Klaviyo Email Campaigns
Drag And Drop Editor
When it comes to crafting email campaigns, Klaviyo lets you choose between three different options: plain-text, HTML, and a drag-and-drop editor. Most brands create their Klaviyo campaigns using the drag-and-drop editor since it's easy-to-use and allows you to create visually appealing, branded, and high-converting emails.
The editor is designed to be user-friendly, allowing you to easily customize your email layout, add images and text, format content, and include dynamic elements such as product recommendations or personalized messaging.
Klaviyo also has a pre-built template library to easily create email campaigns. It includes templates for newsletters, product spotlights, promotions, content emails & product launches. You can also create your own custom templates for your brand to make it easy to go from idea to launch. To make your email campaign creation even easier, you can leverage tools like Backbone, which generates custom email layouts.
5 Types of Klaviyo Email Campaigns You Should Be Sending
These are 5 types of unique email campaigns you should be sending in Klaviyo:
Want more campaign ideas? Try Backbone's database of 5000+ unique email campaigns to get custom campaign ideas for your brand to help you stand out and drive revenue.
Other Ways To To Grow Your Email Performance
Mastering Klaviyo email campaigns is just the start to generating more revenue from email for your e-commerce brand. Learn how to set up Klaviyo email flows and implement Klaviyo flow filters to create targeted and automated email sequences that nurture leads, engage customers, and drive conversions... automatically.
You can also leverage an email strategy automation tool like Backbone can help you streamline your email calendar, plan strategically timed campaigns, and design high-converting emails at a fraction of the time & cost. Unlock the full potential of Klaviyo and take your email marketing efforts to the next level to fuel the growth of your DTC e-commerce brand!