What’s A Cross-Sell Flow?
A Cross-Sell Flow is a series of emails to promote other products to existing customers or upsell them to higher priced products. It is an effective and important method for e-commerce stores to drive revenue and increase customer lifetime value.
# Of Emails: 3
Flow Length: 7-13 days
What’s the goal of a Cross-Sell Flow?
To get customers to purchase other products, from other product categories or upsell to different product types like a recurring subscription which:
- Increases your repeat purchase rate by getting more customers to return to make additional purchases
- Gets customers to return for their next purchase faster (ie. the amount of time it takes for a first time customer to place their second order, or a repeat customer to place their next order)
- Gets more customers onto a recurring subscription
- Gets customers to spend more over the lifetime with your brand (through increasing AOV, number of purchases, or upselling them into a subscription)
- Introducing customers to other products (ie. the number of different products a customer is purchasing)
Cross-Sell Flow Emails
The Cross-Sell Flow should focus strictly on increasing product adoption by getting them to purchase a product they haven’t tried before.
Email #1: Product Introduction
A product catalog (for high-SKU brands) or product spotlight email (for low-SKU brands) which can include:
- A roundup of products they haven’t tried
- A custom recommendation block to suggest other products they’ll like
Email #2: Product Education
A social proof (for high-SKU brands) or product education email (for low SKU brands) which can include:
- Showcasing testimonials or user-generated content on an individual product, a collection or your overall brand
- An FAQ-style email to address specific objections on a specific product
- A deep-dive into a specific product’s features, benefits, how its made, ingredients etc.
Email #3: Find Your Next Product
A guide to help them select the next best product for them which can include:
- A simple email driving them to an on-site quiz to find the best product for them
- A quiz-style or product catalog email that recommends specific products based on their preferences